Monday, June 26, 2006

My Choice of Drinks

After blogging about coffee, I would like to share with everyone my preference for drinks.

I love to drink coffee and tea but too much coffee will make my stomach acidic, causing me gastric problems and the excessive caffeine will also cause my heart to palpitate. As such, I drink my coffee only in the morning and at the very most, have another cup in the afternoon.

I love the local Teh Tarik but by indulging in this sweet drink, it may cause the sugar level in my blood stream to go up so I also drink it in moderation and ask for Teh-O instead most of the time. Every now and then, I also like to drink fusion teas like camomile or mint tea as they aid in digestion and help me to relax.

Besides coffee and tea, I also consume healthy drinks such as fruit juices, milk, chocolate drinks etc. And sometimes, I do allow myself to be naughty and have an occasional bottle of intoxicating beer…hehe!. But I discovered recently that I cannot be naughty too often because my body turns pink and I do get rashes when I drink certain types of beer. Yeah…I’ve been warned.

My buddies will tell you that I used to be a serious Coca Cola addict and would drink nothing but Coke! But age and awareness about health has resulted in me kicking that habit a while ago. I do still drink it on a super hot day or when my throat is irritated. But I’ve proven that tastes can and do change, and habits can be kicked.

You can see I do enjoy a wide variety of beverages, including those which are bad for health. But in recent years, I’ve discovered the importance of drinking water and it has become my favourite drink. It is colourless and almost tasteless but I find that it is the healthiest and most suitable drink for me in my life now because it helps me to detox. It is readily available and I remind myself to drink it everyday so for my own convenience, I carry a bottle with me all the time.

Friends and blogders, these drinks are all my personal choices, and I chose them after I have tried them myself. I am sure you are not going to indulge in all these favourite drinks of mine just by reading what I’ve described here right? Do decide on your own drinks and have your preference list. Most importantly is to decide on your water. Whether you prefer tap water, mineral or distilled water, the choice is all yours. I would not indulge in water that comes in fanciful bottles and will not fall for those gimmicky heavy advertising. Why? Because water is still water and should be free. Some people feel they look good or classy when they drink Perrier but isn’t it still just water? Why bother with the fizz? Just so you look good in front of others? That is a bit silly right? So learn to choose your water wisely.

Oh yeah, I won’t advise that you drink from my bottle as well because it may be contaminated. My stomach has got used to it but yours may not. So choose your own bottle and your source of water…ok?

5 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 7:16 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

dimwit, i'm not a hard liquor person…in fact, i can't really drink…after just two beers, i'll be sleeping…haha!

if zen masters are given a choice,
they will choose to go to hell

 
At 6/29/2006 6:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Swooshi,
I finally came back! Something's wrong with my computer, I could only read the old post. But now it seems ok. How have you been? Have you been following the games? Can't wait to watch the quater finals!

Must tell you that I really like your blog, finding it very helpful, the stories, thoughts, feelings you and other are sharing here. Thank you all!

I totally agree with you,nowadays,I drink lots of water and sometimes green tea, plus coffee once in a while.



Freebird

 
At 6/30/2006 11:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a water monster.

每天都喝很多礦泉水..hehe
也喝很多綠茶!

but I pay for mineral water..
懶得背著水跑來跑去..:D

 
At 6/30/2006 12:12 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

i need black water this morning…lol!
must get think simple to send me some

freebird, enjoy all the drinks you can find here…it's on the house…hehe!

clio…too much mineral water will cause gall stones
別喝太多礦泉水,喝自來水最好。

 
At 6/30/2006 1:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

再怎樣下去..我想我真的要把咖啡當水喝啦..現在正喝我今天的第三杯..swooshi你想要嗎..我現在喝這杯是買的..不是自己煮的..所以還好沒我自己煮的好喝..不過應急也沒辦法..我都說下次去新加坡帶好喝的給你囉..上次跟你講咖啡配香蕉很讚喔..你試了嗎..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger