Sunday, June 18, 2006

Seeing the World in Sepia

For some unexplained reasons, I wanted to see the world in sepia tone these couple of days. I find that we take colours for granted and don’t really appreciate them as much as we should. So I experimented with some pictures of mine in sepia…see if you like them. I kind of love them. Seeing the world in duotone makes everything so different, so intriguing…do you feel the same way?

By the way, do you know that dogs can’t see colours? Everything is in grayscale through their eyes. But they seem much happier than human beings. Why is that so? Can you imagine watching the world cup matches on a black and white TV? Will you be happy? How do you tell the players apart? LOL!

This world is so colourful and beautiful. Aren’t we lucky to be able to see it through our eyes and mind? Do open your eyes and mind, appreciate the colours around you…enjoy these duotone pictures…

The first two pictures were taken at Sentosa…


At my favourite park…I like to take in the greenery here but the sepia feel is pretty nice too right?

The lotus plants in Botanic Gardens…so different when seen in pink and in duotone…

I shall not explain what this is…you use your imagination…

Looking at the world through something else…

My poor Nini…all caged up…sigh…!

My latest pair of Adidas…got it at 50% off! Just had to show it off!…I still prefer the old logo…

5 Comments:

At 6/18/2006 10:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these duotone picture make me reminisce my childhood that is simple,pure,and innocent.
nini is still so cute and i like it.
i never know this thing about dogs can't see colours.that's news to me.
thanks for sharing such a informative posting with us.
really appreciate god and buddha for giving me a colourful world to live.

 
At 6/19/2006 12:29 am, Blogger yeelee said...

tacobee…you really a regular on my blog huh? glad i've got something informative for you…hehe!
was a bit lazy to write today so i just share some pictures…hope you don't mind.

 
At 6/19/2006 3:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

black and white and all the greys in between.

Love the pics yl :) Somehow, these pics make me feel more relaxed. Probably it brings back childhood memories?

One thing, you called yr bunny Nini?? Why? Short for nincompoop? ;p

 
At 6/19/2006 8:22 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

ch, i agree…the rustic sepia tone does have a nostalgic effect…that's why i like it

nini is not for nincompoop lah! my niece gave the bunny that name after watching 腊筆小新. i think it's one of the characters in the cartoon.
that picture is quite nice right?

 
At 6/20/2006 5:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

如果...世界變成黑白的!

可能我們很多主觀都會改變了吧!
不一定是壞事;也不一定是好事...
花如果只是黑白,還美嗎??
血如果只是黑白,還恐怖嗎??

黑白跟彩色,對我們的影響...
都是我們自己"思考"出來的!!!

就如同...是旗在動,還是風在動...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger