Sunday, July 09, 2006

Recognition for my volunteers

Last night was the biannual Volunteers’ Day dinner held specially by cdac for its volunteers. I’m glad most of my volunteers attended the event. Yeah…we definitely made our presence felt. We were one of the noisiest centres cheering on our volunteers when they received their long-service and commendation awards they duly deserved.

I’m always pleased when I see my fellow volunteers’ efforts being recognised by the organisation. Without their tireless efforts and commitment, my role as coordinator with the centre would not have been so smooth.

To put up the recommendations and justifying them wasn’t that difficult a task since I’ve been practising so much writing on my blog…hehe! Maybe I should extend my services to the editorial team next…haha!

I think JC received the most awards last night. He got the commendation award, the 10-year long-service award and was also part of the editorial team that received a group award. Kudos to JC for his total involvement with cdac! Do keep it up!

Ms O too got the commendation award. I really appreciate my pal for continuing to contribute to the self-help group despite her busy work schedule. How not to recommend this senior manager for the award? She is also currently helping me with the Wednesday classes…thank you so much my friend, really appreaciate it.

Mr Goh, Yingli and Jimmy got their five-year long service award. So fast huh? Five years already!

We had quite a fun evening last night. The dinner was pretty decent, I had the best of both worlds vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian…so lucky! Of course I didn’t eat the sharks’ fin soup lah!…no way!

The funniest part of the evening must have been the teasing of the young waitress. We had the sweetest looking girl serving our table…what luck! The poor girl was practically blushing and shaking whenever she had to serve us…hahaha! Those junior volunteers were really playful. Kenny probably asked the girl to top up his drink like 10 times! The girl was so nervous, she dropped the spoon, spilt the drink, poured orange into a glass of tea…lol! Tsk…tsk…tsk…so naughty, those boys! Too bad none of them managed to get her telephone number. The girl eventually freaked out and quickly hid at corner when Mr Soon tried to take a picture with her…lol! Mr Soon, please be more tactful next time…don’t frighten off all the young girls!

So fun…yeah…I had a great time! ^_^

5 Comments:

At 7/10/2006 8:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ms H,

Kam siah very much. Actually felt kind of weired when I was standing up there during the commendation award. Didn't expect people to scream as I believed most of the "old" volunteers are no longer around and that not many of the newer volunteers know me.

That's why my mind was a bit blank and I didn't hear what the emcee was saying. haha...

But I guessed your table probably made the loudest noise.(i hope =P )

I'll make sure that we'll make the as much noise too when you receive your award. =)

kam siah kam siah!!
-JC

 
At 7/10/2006 6:12 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

jc, i'm the one who made the most noise
i think 10 years is quite sufficient for me already…
and i dun need another plaque to put on my window to shield out the sun…
to be honest, the energy in me is depleting quite fast…
i think i need a break quickly to recharge
otherwise……

 
At 7/11/2006 8:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed! My energy level is also getting quite low...

Maybe have to check & see whether they got other options for us or another organization? =P
-JC

 
At 7/11/2006 2:17 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

jc
…tsk…tsk…tsk…
you just came back from thailand…
should be recharged what?
i've not gone for a holiday since early last year ok!
my sis-in-law said airasia to bkk only 19.90 for month of aug…plus tax $150?
hmm…can think about it…

 
At 7/12/2006 8:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms H,

Although I "just" came back from Thailand, but immediately I have to cover my colleague's work while she goes for 2 weeks holiday.

After she came back, my sup went for his 1 week holiday and I have to supposedly "standby" for him.
So how can energy level not be low??
Very tiring you know. =P
-JC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger