Thursday, July 13, 2006

Intro to A Soul’s Journey

I’m currently reading a book ‘A Soul’s Journey’ by Peter Richelieu. I would like to thank Thuy Le, a good friend of mine for going through so much trouble to get me this book and sending it all the way to my part of the world. My friend, I know this book cost you a bomb because it is already out of print. I really appreciate your effort and this is indeed an amazing book. The small favour I did yesterday was nothing compared to this.

I’m not even half-way through this book but just by reading the first four chapters, I am really convinced that G-plans do exist. From attending Dr K K Tan’s meditation class to my accidental learning of zen, watching SF, meeting online friends and now reading this book…all are predestined. This is the path I’m being directed to take…it seems so much like a calling to me now.

Here’s a segment from the book that really arrested my attention:

“For the spiritually minded man, the man who has meditated deeply on higher things, there waits an infinity of bliss. During his lifetime he has had to rely on faith and his own reasoning powers, now he can prove the truth of many of the theories which he has studied in the world, and one can but faintly imagine the joy and peace that this knowledge will bring to such a man; he has been struggling in darkness and now, to a certain extent, he has found the light.

The philanthropist who during his lifetime has had one thought, one object in view – the helping of his fellow men — has perhaps the greatest opportunity of all, for now he is free to devote the whole of his time to helping and comforting those who require his service…”


I will need to read the book at least twice to completely grasp the writer’s message. And I will share with you when I’ve achieved it.

2 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 11:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Thuy Le,

What r u talking abt bomb? it costs me a nuclear bomb, come on. Haha. The small favour u mentioned is bigger than u think. So dun have to worry abt the bomb. I hope that u enjoy it and understand why i want to see my father. Hehe

 
At 7/13/2006 1:08 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

thuy le
if only i have the wisdom to read my akashic records
then maybe i can understand our connection…
this is certainly very intriguing…
for all you know, we may be meeting in the astral world every night…
OBE…so fascinating…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger