Monday, July 17, 2006

Angel or Devil?

Real strange…two days in a row I’ve been called an angel by friends. And both times, I insisted I’m no angel but just an ordinary human being like everyone else. I do make mistakes like any human being would and can be devilish when I lose my cool.

Anyway, yesterday, out of curiosity, I googled the word ‘angel’ and found to my surprise that I may indeed be an angel! Read on to find out why.

The term ‘angel’ was thought to have come from the Greek word angeloi which means ‘messenger’. Angels have been identified by some as spiritual beings composed of ethereal matter that are more powerful than human beings and can take on any physical form which best suits their needs. They are immortals, meaning they don't die or age.

Angels can bring hope, safety and peace to human beings and can also bring about all manner of destruction including plagues and famines. They are known to be fallible and prone to sin, particularly pride. When they make mistakes, they become fallen angels. The most famous fallen angel has to be Satan, whom all of us know as the devil.

I’m not an immortal, neither am I endowed with supernatural powers. I don't have wings on my back or a halo above my head and I definitely don’t dress in a white robe. However, I can choose to be a guardian angel, a human guide or protector to my friends and family, bringing them lots of cheer and comfort. But should I become disillusioned or attached to my personal needs and wants in life, I may lose my sense of direction and become a fallen angel…a devil.

I believe we are all born ‘angels’ and have a spiritual nature that’s waiting to be discovered. Only those whom are ignorant will be misled and become ‘devils’. So friends, use your wisdom.

Here is an interesting quiz that you may like to try out and see which angel or demon are you: link

Want to know what I got?……hehe! I thought it was quite accurate…hmm……go try it!

I died a mineral and became a plant.
I died a plant and rose an animal.
I died an animal and I was man.
Why should I fear? When was I less than dying?
Yet once more I shall die as man, to soar with the blessed angels;
But even from angelhood I pass on.
All except God perishes.
When I have sacrificed my angel soul,
I shall become that which no mind ever conceived
O, let me not exist! for Non-existence proclaims
‘ To Him we shall return’

"Love Is Like the Sun" — by Yogi Amrit Desai

ps: Yogi Amrit Desai was regarded by many as an angel because of his great teachings but he too became a fallen angel due to some sex scandals…We are but human beings and we all make mistakes. Learn to forgive…not just others but ourselves as well.

15 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 4:27 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

yes cute one, i thought it was pretty accurate
kind of spooky huh? O_o
i'm a magical being…
wow…i like that!…hehe!
^_^

ps: angel=devil devil=angel

 
At 7/17/2006 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms H,

I tried the questions and yup, it's quite spooky becos it was pretty accurate for me too.

-jc

 
At 7/17/2006 6:11 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

jc
what did u get?
share leh…

 
At 7/17/2006 6:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's Clio

I am sea being,same with dimwit!
it's quite accurate I think...

share with everybody...hehe

 
At 7/17/2006 7:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Swooshi, finally i'm in your 'big family'...hehe

I only manage to finish reading the post for this month, will try to read those archives posts little by little 0_o

I took the test, my result is accurate I'm Weather Angel but there is only 5% of people had this result...haha :D

Am I insane or what ^_^

 
At 7/18/2006 8:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms H,

I am a Weather Angel juz like your friend Insane. So does that mean that I am one of those 5% rare species?? =P
-jc

 
At 7/18/2006 11:56 am, Blogger yeelee said...

clio
u shd get to know dimwit
i think both of u are pretty similar in some ways
you're both definitely soul mates of mine!

insane
a warm welcome…^_^
from our chats so far, i can't tell u're a weather angel
must get to know u better…

jc
i think u do sound like the weather angel
u do surprise me with some things u do…
hmm…but u ever-changing meh?? O_o

insane and jc, do u want to know each other?
but jc must first go on msn
no, no…get internet access at home!
jc, u're probably the last surviving dinosaur!

 
At 7/18/2006 12:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems no one here angel is like me,let me share the result with you as well.
i am love angel,and my baby ask me where is my love?haha

 
At 7/18/2006 1:54 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

my baby tacobee
this quiz is really proving to be quite accurate huh?
you are truly what the result says…
this magical being believes a love angel deserves only another love angel
i will use my magical powers to convince you…

 
At 7/18/2006 3:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms H,

Me a surviving dinosaur? maybe hor, becos I am one of the 5% rare species mah. =P hahaha.....
-jc

 
At 7/19/2006 4:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,I am a peace angle as well as a love angel.
There are some uncertain answers for me,so I played 2 times and end up in 2 results. Not sure if it's acurrate or not.Yes, in some definitions,it is!

(don't know if you will come back here again..)

Q To Dimwit,clio:
Why you said it's accurate?
Which definition of sea being identify your characteristics sharply and undoubtedly?

How about shshi(swooshi) and tacobee? as well as insane and jc.

 
At 7/20/2006 1:43 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

wahaha
you ask too many questions…
your mind is too busy
it is very tired
please let it rest
put it all down…

learn to contemplate
search deep within you
the answers are all there

1 + 1 = 2 ?
wrong!

1 + 1 = 1 ?
also wrong!

so, what is 1 + 1 ???

just don't know……

 
At 7/20/2006 9:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks ~
Sorry, Dear Blog Host:
I don't know if different opinions are allowed here .

If so,I want to say your answer and my questions are two different things and two different fields.And I don't feel tired nor my mind is too busy at all.
But Thanks your your concern any way.I do contemplate sometimes.and I always feel fun to commnicate with others.


Yeelee【learn to contemplate
search deep within you
the answers are all there】

No, I don't think so.
If we all can know of the anwser by contemplating , what's use of this guiz for? Sometims sth is just for fun,

By the way:
No cold,no warm.
No up, mo down.
No busy, no not busy.
It's a reletive world.
Nothing is absolute.

So,my opinion is not right,nor wrong.

 
At 7/21/2006 6:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wahaha and Swooshi,

Frankly speaking I took the test more than 2 times, turn out I'm more than 1 angel after all, haha

I'm Peace, Love, Weather and Youth angels, it's complicated 0_o

I'm not sure which is which :P

I have a quiz that I received recently, as what Swooshi said...

"learn to contemplate
search deep within you
the answers are all there"

Quiz
-------
Don't give it up so easily.

Best of Luck .....................

IF

1 = 5

2 = 25

3 = 125

4 = 625

5 = ?

Think.......
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Scroll down for Answer
*
*
*
*
*
I thought you are genius?..no, its not 3125??
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
answer is 1

Are you thinking too much?

Going off the track?

Do not forget the history!

Remember the first line? 1=5?

THE MORAL IS ..........

Don't complicate simple problems....

And Swooshi, sorry for the long post ^_^

 
At 7/22/2006 11:03 am, Blogger yeelee said...

wahaha
only one person can stop us from having our opinions
that person is ourselves

ajahn brahm did mention once in his talks,
when someone asks a question which you don't want to answer, ask the person back "why do you want to know?"
everyone has the right to ask questions
likewise, everyone too has the right not to answer

insane
i told you last night that i did get the answer right!
1 = 5
5 = 1
i'm really impressed with your clear mind…
kudos! my young friend
don't tell me you too are an old soul?
hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger