Friday, May 12, 2006

Mission Impossible 3

Today’s a public holiday so I told myself I had to get out of my house otherwise I’ll be staring at my laptop screen until my eyes go blur! Yup, my addiction is so serious, I think I may need some counselling soon! Hehe!

Ok, so today I went to watch Mission Impossible 3 with Astroboy. MI2 was really good, I remember being wowed by all the suspense and action well-executed through the clever directing of John Woo. The re-choreographed theme music was also surprisingly better than the first MI. I’m normally quite reluctant to pay for weekend prices at the cinemas but I thought for MI and Tom Cruise, it’s probably worth it. I bought the tickets in advance yesterday, $19 just for two tickets! We paid another $11 for drinks and popcorn. So $30 all in all for two hours of entertainment.

You want to know my verdict? Well, I felt the show was disappointing. Throughout the movie, there was a lot of loud noises and moving action but nothing spectacular at all. We saw typical helicopter and car chasing scenes, lots of explosions, people jumping off building etc. But haven’t we seen all that before. Where's the creativity? The theme music was like back to square one. Maggie Q looked sexy in her revealing red dress driving a yellow Ferrari (or was that a Lamborghini?) but she still needs a lot of practise before I can call her an actress. And Tom Cruise, I thought he looked old and haggard, he too has lost his charm even when he smiled. The plot was so bland and JJ Abrams just didn’t seem able to lift it to any climax at all. Everything was just too predictable.

I somehow feel that asian directors like Jacky Chan, John Woo and Ang Lee seem more hardworking and capable of giving us fresh ideas as compared to their western counterparts.

Looks like it’s really mission impossible for Tom Cruise to carry on with this Ethan Hunt character huh? Wouldn’t recommend this movie unless you really got nothing better to watch!

Oh ya, the popcorn at GV Tampines needs improving and the girl gave me less salted more sweet when I asked for the opposite! LOL! Just not my day!

2 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 10:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 7/21/2006 11:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger