Saturday, April 29, 2006

Just Let Go

Do everything with a mind that lets go. Do not expect any praise or reward. If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace. If you let go completely, you will know complete peace and freedom. Your struggles with the world will have come to an end. ~ Ajahn Chah

Easier said than done right? I’m trying to let go a little at a time but sometimes, I get so caught up in my circumstances, I get confused and forgot how to let go. I would then have to start all over again. Sigh!...now I know the feeling of those climbers who try to reach the peak of Mount Everest. It’s a long, long journey to the top! Don’t think I’m going to surrender as yet. I just hope I still have the energy to keep picking myself up when I fall to the foot of the hill each time.

Am I clinging on or am I letting go?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4/30/2006 1:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi hi,

know what you mean about letting go....so difficult you know =P

i'm in the midst of doing up my house and you will be amazed by the NUMBER of things that a couple can differ over!

i've been guilty of flaring up a number of times over very small things leh....very bad. it's like a sudden volcano eruption, and then in a few seconds i feel so silly for the outburst.

point of arrival is not controlling these outbursts, but to avoid arising of such feelings in the first place.

as you say - just let go! if i dun cling to "MY" way of doing things, since there's no right or wrong way, then i wouldn't feel so strongly right?

 
At 4/30/2006 9:20 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

haha! easier said than done, right?

watch your anger each time it arises. do your cheeks feel hot? does your heart start to thump? does your head feel heavy? we've all been through that. in fact my heart thumped so much recently i really felt sick!

we just gotta keep watching it. 証嚴法師 (venerable zhengyan) said 面對它,接受它,放下它 (face it, accept it, put it down) it'll go away eventually.

one of the ways i try to get out of my 'bad' situations with people is, i try to tell myself, there's always a reason why someone behaved or reacted in that manner. i try not to think that the person had bad intentions or had something against me. then it's easier for me to put down my anger.

 
At 5/03/2006 12:58 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

correction. it was 聖嚴法師 (Venerable Sheng Yan) who said that phrase.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger