Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Weak At Heart

As far as I can remember, I’ve been told my fortune only twice in my life and both fortune tellers told me the main health problem I’ll have to take note in my life is my heart. I know it is silly to believe these people but I’ve actually been monitoring my heart a little. Like when I drank two cups of coffee at one go, I noticed my heart palpitating and I couldn’t focus on what I was doing.

When I completed my jog this morning, I felt something not right in me but couldn’t tell what was wrong. I felt weak and a little out of breath. Hyper-ventilation? I don’t know. It just didn’t feel right. Throughout the entire day, even now as I write, I feel weak and tired. My whole body seems to ache. Maybe I’m just physically tired. Could it be stress? Insufficient sleep? Or a bout of flu is about to hit me? Too much blogging? I’m clueless.

While chatting with a friend today, I told her about my condition and suspicion. I told her if she doesn’t see me online for a while, maybe something had happened to me. My heart may have failed. She got worried. Well, we never know for sure right? It is possible. I do remember I almost blacked out once in the shower after a squash game. So I am not joking about my heart condition. I have reasons for my suspicion.

When I was teaching tonight, I didn’t have the energy as last week. I was a little impatient and it showed when the twins weren’t focussing. I kind of raised my voice a little and the only girl in the class noticed. She seems to be the only one who notices my mood. Hmmm...females are more sensitive huh?

Anyway, I was teaching the class possessive nouns and the twins just couldn’t get it. For regular plural nouns which end with an ‘s’, I told them to add an apostrophe (’) and for singular nouns, add an apostrophe ‘s’ (‘s) but they just could not get it! One of them wrote the apostrophe on top of the ‘s’. Then he wrote the apostrophe in the wrong direction like (‘). He also had the tendency to write the ‘s’ first before the apostrophe...a sign of dyslexia? Looks like it to me. Patience…patience…I kept telling myself.

Around 7.45pm, when I was about to give up teaching and just wanted to drill them on their mutiplication table, a volunteer came in to help. Phew…! Thanks Ying Li, you really saved me. I was so relieved. Finally I could sit down to have a rest. The last 45 minutes passed quickly, lessons ended. Thank goodness.

As I’m writing my blog now, I noticed I kept burping. Now could it be gas instead? Yup, maybe it’s my gastric. I just took my blood pressure and it read 125/85 and pulse was 72. It’s normal right? So maybe it’s gastric lah! Whatever…Please don’t ask me to go see a doctor ok? I’m one of those who avoid doctors as far as possible.

ps: I really am very weak at heart…really. I’ve been exhausted by an unhappy incident recently. I’m managing it and have put it down but it has taken a toll on my heart. I guess I can’t take emotional stress as well as I thought I could…Strong on the outside but weak on the inside. My weakness. Now you know.

Ok, I’m going to sleep now. So…so…tired. Goodnight everyone.

7 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 1:59 am, Blogger tiffany said...

YL, I think you need a break. And soon too....

 
At 4/27/2006 5:24 am, Blogger yeelee said...

you are absolutely right! i got up in the middle of the night…3.30am. Yup, it has never happened before…time to say sawadee kha…

 
At 4/27/2006 8:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, havent u been reading about pre-mature death among young men because of heart problem? Come on, get yourself a doctor to check it out. FYI, a woman's heart loses some of its protection after menopause. Bet u havent done your mammo etc. Ai ya ya!

 
At 4/27/2006 8:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sawaddee krab Ms H

Agreed with 'tiffany' that you really need a break.
You are stressing yourself too much over the students, must let our volunteers help you (I know it's easier said than done) but do let us know how we can help.

Me also very stressed up (I think I am)that's why always have headache and still trying very hard to follow you usual advice to "Just let go".

relax lah!

JC

 
At 4/27/2006 3:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi hi,

strange to be announcing this in your blog =P

the good news is that i'm in between jobs so can commit to coming down to help on wed nights for the next 4-5 weeks.

after that, will have to wait and see how busy i get.

but at least that gives you a break - and puleeeze go see doctor hor, dun be like an ostrich =P

 
At 4/27/2006 5:36 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

ya...kind of weird to get the announcement here but this blog is open to all of u so jus go ahead!
so u got another job waiting or u still looking?
how abt getting me one as well?

anyone else got anymore announcements? getting hitched, hvg a baby, strike lottery…whatever!

btw, i'm at the national library now translating the script…sshhhhh…

 
At 5/01/2006 10:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to be able ot help. Do take care of yourself, cos if you don't, no one else will. Go see a doctor soon, okay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger