Sunday, April 23, 2006

Life’s a Roller Coaster Ride

Life is so unpredictable, so full of ups and downs, it’s like riding a roller coaster. Despite saying recently how beautiful my life was, I too hit a rough patch yesterday. I said something stupid in the morning while chatting with two friends. The remark made one of them blow her top. She was so furious no amount of apologies could placate her. I really felt lousy and confused after that. I tried to put the thought down but putting it down was tough this time, real tough! I’ve never felt so lousy for a long long time. But I practised hard to put it down.

I focussed on writing my blog entry on blood types and traits. After that I had to rush off to my voluntary work. I had to meet my new challenges...the twins will be joining the rest of the kids for the first time. They are at ease with me but not with the rest so I was a bit worried. Ya, they were very aloof and unfriendly initially but after some warming up, they were ok. Lesson was a bit slow for them but I think we’ll make progress, a little at a time. They were unwilling to participate in the badminton game after our lessons but with some persuasion, they finally did. With the help of my fellow volunteers, I think we can and will be able to make a difference to the lives of these two boys. Let’s do our best for them!

After lessons, me and a few volunteers went to a friend’s place for a round of mahjong. We started playing this game together only last Saturday. No one in my family will believe I am actually playing mahjong now! A favourite among my family members and other relatives, I don’t usually participate in this game because I find it a waste of time strategising the 13 tiles laid out in front of me. I always feel my grey matter can be put to better use in something more intellectual. I also get a backache if I sit for too long at the mahjong table. Anyway, I’ve been on a winning streak so maybe that will keep my mind away from my back pain and remain interested in the game! Friends, thanks for helping me raise my Europe trip fund!

After the game, I went back home to catch a football match. Liverpool was playing Chelsea in an FA Cup semi-final match. The FA Cup is the last chance for Liverpool to win a trophy this season so it was one of those do-or-die games and boy was it exciting! I was delighted when Liverpool led 2-0 and I was biting my nails when Chelsea pulled one back to make it 2-1. But thank goodness with some perseverance and luck, my favourite team won the game after playing 90 minutes of regular time plus 5 minutes of injury time! Yes! Liverpool kicked Chelsea’s butt! Yahooooo! That should humble the arrogant Jose Mourinho.

By the time the game ended, it was like past 2am. I took out my iBook to check on my mails and login to my MSN. Haha...a friend was online so we chat. She was surprised I wasn’t asleep yet ’cause normally we chat when it’s past midnight on her side of the world while it’s day time on mine. This time it was the reversal. We had a nice chat until like 4am when she got hungry and had to eat. She told me to go to bed...hahaha! That’s normally my line. I always had to tell her “Go sleep now!”...The ironies of life. Funny isn’t it.?

You may be wondering why I’m writing like a mundane diary of what happened yesterday? Not quite what you’ll find in my blog so far. Well, this morning, I read the papers and saw a touching article on Joan Chan, a fellow Rafflesian diagnosed with tongue cancer. She has been blogging at home while fighting her war against cancer. I felt that I should try to log down my life as much as possible so that if I should die, people will know what I did just before I died and I want friends of mine to know that I’ve lived my life to the fullest, right to my dying day! So make sure you guys keep visiting my blog, ok?

Oh ya...my life is still beautiful after my roller coaster ride. I forgot I got a weak heart when I sat in the roller coaster. But my condition has stablised now. Don’t worry! Will avoid roller coasters as far as possible now. :)

6 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 10:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, U play Majong Meh! Astroboy

 
At 4/23/2006 11:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God i forgot my password, haha
I should say Go sleep now, cuz u need 7 hours sleep.
Riding roller coaster is fun, make u feel u r top of the world. haha
But i did ride one time, scary though, man my heart cant stand that.
Have fun Dimwit

 
At 4/24/2006 11:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms H

Now I can see your photos in your blog. haha...

So u won at the majong again? wow!

Aiyah! like you always say, must put down, me trying to learn this from you also.=P

Your volunteer
JC

 
At 4/24/2006 1:19 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

@ astroboy,
u r finally here! yup, i'm not a mahjong person but i dun mind playing for fun with friends. but then again, i was trained since young so my standard's quite high for my friends...hehe!...i dun need to look at some of the cards...i jus nd to feel it with my thumb! yup! dat's how gd i am! ^-^

@ dimwit,
i really felt my heart drop when the roller coaster went down...hope my heart's not permanently damaged by that scare! do u know CPR?

@ JC,
ya...we are all learning everyday. dimwit's my teacher now!

 
At 4/24/2006 3:12 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/21/2006 11:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger