Monday, April 24, 2006

Nothing is Beneath You

Have you noticed the new generation seems to be getting more talented, more daring, more vocal than before? From those never-ending talent programmes on TV, we can see that almost everyone can sing or perform today with so much self confidence. Speaking up no longer seems to be a problem anymore. In fact, the real challenge is trying to get them not to speak up unnecessarily!

During my school days, I always needed a lot of courage to speak up in class and got cold sweat when I had to make a presentation or address a big group of people. Everyone was so shy and timid then, so afraid of saying the wrong thing, of losing face but not today’s youngsters. They will voice their opinions so readily and openly without any reservation.

You people know I am an SF and MK fan. Well, I’ve been most impressed by those young fans. From the blogs they create to the scripts they write, their creativity and talents just amaze me! Kudos to Michelle Krusiec as well for being a positive influence on these youths with her inspiring messages. She once told her fans to “...continue to express yourself and always make decisions based on happiness rather than expectations.”

Prior to my blogging, the only kind of writing I’ve done was probably the compositions and academic essays in school so this form of writing is really a first for me. Now if I can start writing, so can all of you! Hahaha!...I’m not say my writing is great! I’m happy to write and hope you guys have been enjoying what I’ve written so far and feel encouraged enough to also start your own blogs.

F. Scott Fitzgerald said, “Nothing is beneath you if it is in the direction of your life.”

If you think you’ve got some hidden talent, don’t hide it, start sharing it now! If you’ve been bottling a lot of thoughts and ideas, why keep them bottled up? Start blogging now! You should know my famous phrase by now, Just Do It! By the way, this phrase wasn’t created by the makers of Nike. Zen Masters have been using it for hundreds of years way before Nike was born!

5 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 12:47 pm, Blogger bbmag said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/26/2006 9:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With close to a decade of working experience...I dare say I belong to a different generation from recent graduates.

You know what? The irony is that with all the rah-rah about creativity and speed of maturity in the young ones - it is breeding this "holier than thou" attitude...an ego problem perhaps?

I'm seeing a lot of young graduates who scorn at work assigned to them as it is perceived to be "beneath them".

So sad...it is amazing how much one learns from these seemingly meanial tasks. Alas they do not realize this, and everyone aspires to be strategic.

No one becomes a good strategist without fully knowing exactly what the business is all about!

Sorry for the long post, but feel very strongly about it = )

 
At 4/27/2006 5:48 am, Blogger yeelee said...

i agree with you. with better education, it has stimulated greater thinking but also moulded the human race into an egoistic lot. the 'i think therefore i am' mentality.

fortunately, there are teachings in this world that can guide us. teachings from more than 2500 years ago, that has and will continue to awaken us.

those whom are awakened will realise it is really 'i think therefore I AM NOT'.

there's hope my dear so don't give up!

 
At 4/27/2006 7:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember how my bosses used to use the brick layer vs cathedral builder analogy.

tried it, but no use. they still dun see the point of it.

must try harder lah!

blame this corporate culture these days (especially american / western firms) where everything is great or excellent....what happened to good old constructive criticism?!

 
At 7/04/2006 10:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger