Sunday, April 16, 2006

Putting It Down

This simple phrase has been so deeply embedded in me, it has changed my perspective of life. You can too if you want to.

We always encounter anxiety, frustration, worry, anger and stress in our everyday life and practising putting it down is one of the easiest way to tackle these conditions.

When someone makes us angry, we have the tendency to keep recalling what that person said, how hurtful the words were, how hateful that person was. The scene just keeps re-enacting in our mind and the more we think about it, the more furious we become. You literally feel like smacking that person! During such moments, I remind myself to observe my anger, I ask myself, “Where did that anger come from?” “Is it worth getting upset over such a matter?”

After I ask myself those questions, I realise my anger stops escalating, then it starts to decline. My face is less red. My body is less warm. The anger signal I’ve been sending to my brain stops. Anger actually causes a chemical imbalance in our mind and is probably one of the biggest culprits of cancer today. So don’t keep anger. Put it down, let it pass.

Yesterday, I learnt that one of my students has been missing school very often. She kept falling sick and complained of stomach cramps, a big sign of stress. Her thyroid condition coupled with not being able to cope with schoolwork has taken a toll on her. This poor girl is only 10 years old...sigh..sad isn’t it? Ok, I need to put my worries for her down. Instead, I will focus on how I can help her. I must usher some happiness into her life. I hope I can put a smile back on her face. Yes, that would be nice.

My life is so beautiful now. I am so happy everyday. The other day, I shared with a friend, I said everything I see is so beautiful and happy. I was jogging early in the morning, I saw the moon so big, round and bright, I smiled. I saw the grass so green and cheerful, I smiled too. Told that friend not to laugh but she went “Hahahahahahahah!” So rude! Told her not to laugh, yet she still laughed!.

Well, you are probably laughing too. Go ahead and laugh. Life is really, definitely beautiful!

4 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 3:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx for knocking my head again. I used to walk away from the gossip or the crab conversation, but since i m in the conversation, well abit hard to put down right away, and specially the crabs all abt my sensitive situation. I want to punch that person in the face. but thx god, my zen stop me, my mind still with me.
The slop is more higher and higher now, not ready to pass yet.
Thx very mucho. Dimwit

 
At 4/17/2006 9:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you are HAPPY and see life as BEAUTIFUL. Never hurt to have one more happy person; this world doesn't have that many happy ones,I'm sure. It takes a bit of hard work to be HAPPY but with practice its possible and the result BEAUTIFUL.

 
At 4/17/2006 11:59 am, Blogger yeelee said...

thanks anonymous!
i will continue my practice. do hit me on the head if u see me dreaming!

 
At 4/17/2006 12:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreaming is good you know,thinking people like us dont have this "talent"! As much as we like to think we can be unaffected by others, they are actually the "culprits" of our unhappiness. But then what to do, they are usually our loved ones!For u, some of them are the kids u deal w each Saturday, right? My GOD did not create me to be an unfeeling being so I learn to see things in perspective.Sometimes though I wonder what it means. Ha! Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger