Saturday, April 22, 2006

Blood Types and Their Traits

I’ve been so preoccupied with work, teaching, blogging, chatting online, dust has gathered on the pile of dvds in my room. Time to clear some of them, I reminded myself, so I watched a Korean movie, ‘My Boyfriend is Type B’ while commuting on the train this week.

Initially, I thought this was going to be another silly Korean love story. Well it’s a bit silly but enjoyable and I learnt something new from the movie. I actually discovered more about myself through this movie.

The storyline goes like this...Type A gal meets and falls in love with Type B guy. Type A girl’s cousin runs a matchmaking agency and matches couples by blood types. So according to this expert, Type A and Type B are opposites in their traits so they cannot and should not be together.

The cousin posed a question at the Type B guy in the show.

If you discover your spouse committing adultery, what would you do?
1. Pull out a sword and charge into the room.
2. Put your hand on the door handle and hesitate outside the room.
3. Make a hole in the door (paper door used in olden days) and peek through the hole.
4. Call the police and sue the couple for committing adultery.

Pick an answer and see if it is accurate in telling your blood type.
Answer 1: you are O type
Answer 2: you are A type
Answer 3: you are AB type
Answer 4: you are B type

I’m sure you people will be curious as to my answer but it can only be found at the end of this post!

At this juncture, I thought it would be useful to provide some information on blood types & their traits:

Type O – The Warrior
trendsetter
loyal
passionate
self-confident
independent
ambitious
vain
jealous

Famous O’s
Queen Elizabeth II, John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Liam & Noel Gallagher, Paul Newman

Type A – The Farmer
calm
patient
sensitive
responsible
overcautious
stubborn
unable to relax

Famous A’s
Adolf Hitler, George Bush Senior, Soseki Natsume, Ringo Starr, Britney Spears

Type B – The Hunter
individualist
dislike custom
strong
optimistic
creative
flexible
wild
unpredictable

Famous B’s
Akira Kurosawa, Paul McCartney, Mia Farrow, Leonardo Di Caprio, Jack Nicholson

Type AB – The Humanist
cool
controlled
rational
sociable
popular
critical
sometimes standoffish
indecisive

Famous AB’s
Jackie Chan, Marilyn Monroe, John F Kennedy, Mick Jagger, Alain Prost

Above info lifted from www.japanvisitor.com

Well, now for my answer to that earlier question. I chose ‘Answer 2’ and my blood type is really A+! Haha!

I feel like a farmer and can relate to some of the traits described above for blood type A. It was mentioned in the movie that Type A people are possessive and will want to lock up their partners in a cell. Frankly, I think I’m that kind of person in a way. If I’m in a relationship, I will put my 100% into it and would expect nothing less than 100% from my partner. Any form of infidelity will not be tolerated. So if I can’t find this 100% partner, I don’t think I can be in any serious relationship. Friends keep telling me it’s not possible to find that ‘100% perfect’ guy and I know. So now you understand why I’m still single huh?

But let’s not indulge in this. Do take it with a pinch of salt like when we read our horoscopes and star signs. Our life is still very much dependent on how we want and make it to be. It’s all in our hands despite our G-plans.

3 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 12:50 pm, Blogger bbmag said...

me too blogged about this blood type thingy sometime back... personally i don't believe a person's blood type dictates the personality traits... but what the heck, it makes fun reading.

p.s. can't answer your question leh... i would go in, but sans sword and probably quite calmly too...

 
At 4/26/2006 1:31 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

hahaha! you can't pick any of the 4 for an answer huh? so the test not quite valid then!

 
At 7/04/2006 10:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger