Thursday, April 27, 2006

Poo is Good

For the first time in several years, I can’t sleep. Rather than toss and turn on my bed I decided to post something on my blog.

I’ve been thinking about my recent ‘bad’ situation. Then I kept hearing Ajahn Brahm’s voice reminding me about how useful dog poo can be. He said when we accidentally step on dog poo, most people will get upset about it and keep complaining how dirty it is, how bad the smell is. Everywhere we go, the dirt, the bad smell goes with us and we’ll leave traces of it with every step we make.

On the other hand, we can look at dog poo from a more positive perspective. Dog poo is after all a useful natural fertiliser. If we treat it with respect, bring it back and put it under our mango tree, we can actually use it to help our mango tree grow and produce sweet, lovely mangoes.

So instead of complaining and lamenting about our bad situation, we should make use of it to help us, the mango tree, mature and bear beautiful, succulent fruits in the future. So I’m going to put down my dog poo where it’s useful and not carry it with me everywhere I go. Otherwise the smell and the dirt will take a long time to go away.

I allowed my mind to move in my bad situation. But it is now my good situation. I got distracted but I’m not going to let my mango tree get neglected and become weak. I’ll take good care of it and make sure it bear fruits for me!

Am I making any sense here? I’m all blurry eyed now…Shall try and get some sleep again…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger