Monday, January 15, 2007

Getting to Know Me

My apologies for not posting anything for so many days. I tried to write something more personal, to share about me but it was much tougher than I anticipated. Still too much thinking in me. Need more meditation practise to clear the mind. Will work on that.

Anyway, Tiffany commented in my last post that she got to know me better through my blog. She’s my old pal and has known me for 25 years but that comment did not come as a surprise because I too am learning more about myself everyday and I’ve known me for 40 years!

Trying to figure out who you are can be interesting but definitely frustrating. The harder you try, the more puzzling it gets. Where did my thought come from? Where is it leading me? Where am I taking myself?

I’ve been watching me for a long time and can get very self-critical. I used to get upset with myself quite often but now I make peace with myself. I’m learning not to judge myself and to forgive me.

Well, if you think getting to know your partner is tough, try getting to know yourself. Believe me, it’ll take you a lifetime or several lifetimes and you’ll still be quite lost. So stop complaining so much about your partner. There’s a much more difficult person around and that person is right in front of you in the mirror.

Ajahn Brahm says we should smile to ourselves first thing in the morning. Have you tried that? I did. I’m beginning to like what I see. Try it!

4 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 4:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am agree with you abt figuring out who i am is definetely frustrating, nothing interesting, heheh. I am abit tired to find out the real me, and so much troublesomes on the way to find me, but i think i can overcome that. I will try to smile first thing in the morning.
Hope no one complain about me. And that is one of my goals of life.
This sucka.

 
At 1/16/2007 8:03 am, Blogger yeelee said...

hungry eat, tired rest
pause for a rest when you need it

here's a tip to handle frustrating moments:
instead of asking why?
ask yourself, why not?
life is just like this

that smile you see in the mirror is very therapeutic
it's also transcendental
keep smiling
i like that smile

who's complaining?
believe me, you'll know if i'm complaining

 
At 1/17/2007 10:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is complicated enough.
So, just live it!
Live today like there is no tomorrow.
And when you look back, you'd have made every moment worth living.

 
At 1/17/2007 11:35 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

bearie friendly,
a bear hug for you
would you believe this?
i said exactly the same thing today…life is so complicated…my oh my
my soul mates can read my mind
transcendental powers……geeeeeee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger