Thursday, December 28, 2006

Earthquake wreaks havoc…but not in Taiwan

Thank goodness the earthquake in southern Taiwan did not cause much damage to Tacobee’s hometown. Her family is safe and sound. But it definitely turned the lives of Singaporeans and many Asians upside down. The cables in the ocean that link people like me to the rest of the world via the cyber highway were damaged by the tremors. Until now, many of my friends have no access to their emails and MSN messenger.

The lapse in internet service must have caused great discomfort to cyber addicts. I for sure was frustrated all yesterday morning, trying to figure what was wrong with my internet. No access to my Gmail, Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo, Google etc. All not working at the same time? How can that be?

Can you imagine how much money was lost because online trasactions were inaccessible? I wonder how many of you suffered from internet withdrawal symptoms yesterday. Honestly, did you? I did. Luckily, I was able to access my MSN from late afternoon. Big thanks to my service provider aka Lee Junior No.2 and company. They seem the most efficient of the lot. I understand that Pacnet is still down. :((

My shoutbox definitely is not back to normal yet. I posted but message got thrown back at me…posting failed. I tried again and again. Next thing I know, the same message got posted four times!!! Aiya…when can everything be normalised?

The news this morning said we’ll still encounter a slowdown in the speed. It would take a few more days for everything to be restored. Sigh…we are so dependent on the cyberworld…so scary. Let’s pray and hope that such disasters don’t occur too frequently.

ps: If you’ve been waiting for my Berlin pictures, you’ll have to wait a few more days. It’ll take me forever to upload them with the internet speed I’m getting now!

1 Comments:

At 12/28/2006 6:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so lucky, all my family in hometown they are ok and there is no damage occured.
never thought an earthquake can cause many trouble.
looks like our relationship is much closer than we imagine.hehe
thanks for the concern, my teacher.
will be patient waiting for your new post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger