Friday, May 19, 2006

My Solo Experience in Thailand -1

No time to do my reading recently and hence have less to share on my blog. What should I do then, I asked myself, “Share some photos again lah!” I told myself. So the next few days, I will be posting the pictures I took in Thailand. Take a look at some of these places and who knows, you may want to consider going there too.

AYUTHAYA

Ayuthaya is approximately 85 km north of Bangkok. It used to be the capital of Thailand from 1350 to 1767. I made a day trip there by aircon bus which took about two hours. You can catch one from the Mo Chit Bus Terminal at every 15 minutes interval. The ride was pretty smooth and comfortable. Can’t remember exactly how much the ride cost me but I think it was less than $2. Honestly, the bus service in Thailand is really super efficient, even better than ours!

I think I may have mentioned before, while I was on the bus, I was so impressed by this scene I saw, a young man who was seated with his girlfriend, actually got up and offered his seat to a woman and her kid. He had to stand throughout the two-hour journey! So nice right? So sad to see people over here actually rushing to get a seat for a five minute MRT ride! Tsk…tsk…tsk…so rude! 沒禮貌!

Ayuthaya is divided into the old city and the new city. The old city consists of many historic ruins and a couple of museums. Unfortunately, I only had time to discover the old city. Rented a bicycle from a guesthouse and went round the old city in a breeze. At one stage, I actually followed those people who took the elephant rides, almost got hit by elephant shit when I cycled behind it, no joke, quite scary! See my Ayuthaya pictures below:













Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 8:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ms H,

I only got to go to Ayuthaya last June even though I have been to Thailand several times. I got the luxury of having my Thai friend drove me there though but I believed it would be an experience too if I got on the bus ride.
I was very impressed by the place and it definitely have a majestic feeling though we only see the ruins of it.
Maybe I will go again during my this trip. =P

JC

 
At 5/30/2006 11:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice....

I would like to see the Buddha face and all of the stuffs but elephant's shit ...HaHa...

p.s I guess elephant's shit won't stinking right?? coz they are vegetarian ...好像滿笨的guess

 
At 7/04/2006 10:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 7/11/2006 2:38 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

until now i'm still puzzled…
who is this anonymous huh?
um…how did u know about my blog?
O_o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger