Friday, April 07, 2006

My RGPS Days

I don’t have a very good memory so I can’t remember much about my primary school days. I think I was quite blur in primary school, never really enjoyed the first few years because my mind was always on catching spiders, playing marbles, running wild in Tanglin Halt! But then again, there are some things which we’ll never, ever forget.

I remember when I was in P2 or was that P3? Anyway, I was once slapped in the face by my form teacher. We were having science lessons and I wasn’t sure which page of the book to turn to. She just walked towards me and went ‘piak!’ Just like that! She slapped me in the face for not paying attention! Gee...try doing that in today’s school. Parents will give her hell! During my time, no parent would dare nor bother to go to the school to complain about teachers. If teachers punished their kids, it had to be the kids’ fault. Being hit with a ruler was so common then. But try lifting a finger on kids in school today, it will be a big hoohah and the kid’s parents will complain all the way to the Minister! How time has changed!

Another incident that I do remember happened in P4. We had a leader in our gang. Her name was Audrey. She was like everyone’s idol because she was athletic-looking and very ‘帥’. We read a lot of those ‘Famous Five’ and ‘Secret Seven’ mysteries during those days. We would roam around the school compound hoping to uncover some mysteries of our own. Once, this Audrey found some whitish powdery substance at the backyard. We dug some out and smell it but no one dare taste it. Thinking that it could be drugs, we went to inform our science teacher who quickly went with us to that spot to investigate. And guess what? That wasn’t drugs but some dried up paint or white wash left behind by workers who painted the school! Funny right? Well, we were just curious 10-year-olds then hoping for some excitement!

Ok, here are some pictures from my primary school days. My friends, please don’t kill me for this!

You may not believe this but that’s me standing next to the teacher!

I’m not in these 2 pictures because I was the one taking them! Have you guessed which is Audrey? Above picture, first on the left. ‘帥’right?
And then...my good friend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger