Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I envy the trees

I went jogging in the evening hoping that my jogging meditation will help remove some thoughts from my mind.

As I jogged, all my thoughts started appearing…one after another. And each time, I reminded myself to put the thought down and focus on my breathing. When one thought left, another would surface and take its place very quickly, throughout the 4.2km I jogged.

Midway through my jog, I looked up at the trees and suddenly, I realised I was envying them! At that moment, I actually wished I was a tree, standing there, swaying, enjoying the nice evening breeze.

Trees don’t have a thinking mind right? If I’m a tree, then I won’t have all those thoughts that cause mental suffering right?

Do trees worry? Do they get upset? Do they have anger?

Do they complain when it’s too hot? Do they feel cold when it rains continuously?

Hmm……

6 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 10:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what's up? you are troubled, aren't you?

Hope I can help clear it up when we meet.

 
At 7/26/2006 10:45 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

yanny,
don't worry…i'm ok
i've pressed the 'C' button…hehe!

 
At 7/26/2006 11:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey twin soul,

you know what am i thinking??

有心靈,有思想,有感受...都是讓妳體會更多智慧,就算......妳體會到的,有時是不好的!

但,妳不也告訴過我,有好有不好...都是我們自己想出來的!!!他們不存在的!!!
就算不存在,我想,我們還是可以往好的地方想!

對不對!!

cheer up


clioooo

 
At 7/27/2006 12:37 am, Blogger yeelee said...

clio
you're my twin, you know me best!
the advantage of having a blog is it allows us to observe and note down our thoughts, right?
hehe! ^_^

 
At 8/03/2006 11:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Yeelee, It's so true about clearing the mind; you personify your soul and sense your inner world - the Marga, the path that leads you to your innerself.

great thinking and sharing there!

-Caron

 
At 8/03/2006 3:14 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

caron
lol! you sound like another old soul
kk tan is right! this is the aquarian age!
people are letting go of things material and pursuing things spiritual…
hopefully this will lead to greater harmony and understanding among sentient beings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger