Friday, June 09, 2006

Aren’t These Just Lovely?



The above two drawings are among the best gifts I've ever received in my 10 years of teaching at cdac. On Wednesday night, when I turned up to teach the EM3 students, the younger twin gave them to me in appreciation of the camp he just attended. I was totally surprised and touched by his gesture. Nice right?…so nice!

More importantly, I could see that this boy could express himself through his art, something he can’t do with words. Ahhh…at last I know what he’s good at and can encourage him. He actually made the effort to put in some words too, when he can hardly spell. Sigh…太讓我感動了!

It’s things like these that keep me going in my involvement with this programme. I don’t deny that I do get tired at times and seriously want to quit but when you’ve touched these young people’s heart and they reciprocate with such little gifts unexpectedly, you forget all your tiredness, all your frustrations, all your anger…and you just want to keep helping them.

Offer me all the riches in the world and you may not receive my service…but draw something like this for me…I may just do anything for you, anything at all. Am I too sentimental?…ya, I think I am…

8 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also need your service to teach me english,but i can't draw at all.
what should i do?

 
At 6/09/2006 7:43 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

tacobee
how do you want me to teach you english?
i'm quite easy to please…
i'm sure you can think of something
^_^

 
At 6/09/2006 8:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about singing a song for you or telling you a story?
which one would you like?

 
At 6/09/2006 8:37 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

ahh…my karaoke champion
of course i'll prefer you to sing to me
but how are you going to do that…hmm?

 
At 6/09/2006 9:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's easy,when you come to taiwan, i'll sing for you in person.

 
At 6/09/2006 9:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the service as well..
Can I sing a song to you too??
(I think you know all of my story)

 
At 6/10/2006 8:09 pm, Blogger tiffany said...

You are right. It's things like that makes everthing worthwhile. And if anyone deserves it, it would be you.. all the hours, sweat and effort you put in.

That is the same reason why I like that photo that I took for Jimmy with his little friend. It speaks volumes... : )

 
At 6/10/2006 10:10 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

wow! for me to listen to tacobee and clio sing, i have to fly all the way to taiwan, 那不是比聽演唱會還要貴!

tiffany, even without these gestures, when the kids still stick to me despite all the lecturing i give them, i know i have a place in their heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger