Saturday, June 03, 2006

My Visit to Hatyai

I was in Hatyai the year before last, supposedly to discuss a printing project with a printer. Unfortunately, the owner of this printing company died even before my plane touched down in Hatyai. Part of my G-plan again, I suppose. The project which I started working on since 1999 was then shelved again and I think it may never go to print at all. Anyway, as far as I’m concerned, my job is done, that project is over.

Well, since I was already there in Hatyai and had nothing to do, my friend brought me around to see a little bit of this part of Thailand…but honestly, there wasn‘t much to see. What was interesting in Hatyai was the number of Muslims staying there. This was the first time I saw people wearing tudongs in Thailand! Oh yah! The vegetarian food there was good, especially the Tom Yam. Here are some of the pictures I took.

A picture I took from the aircraft…I think that is Hatyai below…

The view from the hotel room…My friend’s friend owns the hotel so the stay there was FOC!

Hatyai experienced a natural disaster a few years back…a flood that killed many people. A buddha statue was erected on this hill after that to ‘watch over’ Hatyai. My friend told me that a lot of people were trapped in the lifts in some shopping complexes for days and died in them…can you imagine the decomposed state of the bodies? Quite scary right?…


I was walking behind this friend and decided to take a sequence of pictures…quite fun hor?

I went to Songkhla beach…but nothing much to see leh…

That couple did not move so I had to include them in this shot…

Another new day in Hatyai…would I want to go back there? 你說呢…?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 11:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

真羨慕....妳!
去過好多地方玩!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger