Sunday, April 02, 2006

The End of Another Physical Body

My 4th aunt has been in and out of the hospital since she was diagnosed with cancer more than a year ago. Her physical suffering finally ended around 10 this morning. Besides dealing with her own illness, she also had to experience two other setbacks last year, the death of her husband, also from cancer, and another younger sister from an accident. I believe she could have lived a little longer if not for those two additonal setbacks. Her emotional and physical strengths were practically drained from the parting of two persons she loved in this life. The emotional suffering she went through weaken her and took away her energy to fight her own war with cancer.

I've never been very close to this aunt but since her predicament last year, I tried to give her some moral support by seeing her more frequently. I'm not very good at uttering comforting words so whenever I saw her in the hospital, I could only give her my smile, a pat on her hand, as a form of assurance. I did try to make happy conversations with her. Not sure if she understood me but I tried.

I’m sad that she has passed but I’m glad that she does not need to suffer all that stress and pain any more. She's no longer physically around as from today but her spirit lives on. I pray that her consciousness be detached from her karmic connections in this life and be guided to a happier resting and healing place that will help her prepare better for her next G-plan. Don‘t worry, we will all meet again when the time is right.

”For me the moment of death will be a moment of jubilation, not of fear. I cried when I was born and I shall die laughing.“
~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger