Monday, July 13, 2009

Making mistakes

Have you observed what goes through your mind when you make a mistake, when you’re “wrong”? Generally, if it’s a genuine mistake and I accept the fact that I was wrong, I would feel apologetic or remorseful and would make amends for it. If I don’t like the mistake, I would feel embarrassed. If I don’t agree that I made a mistake (this is the worst me), I would argue and even become angry. Why all these rantings about mistakes and being wrong? Well, I seem to be making mistakes after mistakes recently and I want to know why I was feeling the way I was feeling or rather, why did I react the way I reacted.

One mistake I made a couple of weeks back due to a poor judgement caused me to look foolish and having to admit to my foolishness is not exactly my cup of tea (ok ok, I do note that’s big ‘I’ commenting). Why is it that I can’t help feeling uneasy sometimes when I’m wrong? What is that uneasy feeling? Where did that feeling come from? Why do my instincts tell me to react by arguing?

Rebutting, disputing, arguing just to prove that I was not wrong, is not supposed to be in my “to do list”. I say it’s time to do a review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger