Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Taming the mind, body and...pain

This procrastinator finally forced herself to do something she had always ranted about and wanted to do…take up yoga. I liked what I experienced after several free trial lessons at a fitness centre a couple of months back. I had to sign up for a course before that interest trickled off. I seriously believe yoga is good for my body at my age, and even better for my monkey mind when I got nothing to do. So finally, I signed up for an elementary class at the CC near my place and attended my first lesson last night.

The instructor started everything from basic…breathing, stretching, holding the poses etc. It never occurred to me that I could be such a stranger to so many parts of my body. The instructor made sure I ‘visited’ all those poor muscles and joints of my anatomy that I never knew existed and got acquainted with them. My poor body, how much I must have abused you all these years, as can be seen from the way you are aching now. Strangely, I like the pain I’m feeling now. As the saying goes, no pain no gain. Hope to overcome the pain by the second lesson and attend the course regularly, diligently and eventually make yoga practice a part of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger