Wednesday, May 06, 2009

So bizarre

Saw a freak incident on the train last night while on my way home. A bulky Malay lady sitting three seats away from me with a baby (probably around eight months old) on her lap somehow allowed the toddler to slip out of her grip. The poor baby fell backwards onto the ground, head down first with a slight thud @_@. So very bizarre. Waaaa!…Waaa!…the baby screamed, whether in pain or in shock, I wasn’t sure. The clumsy mum (who was holding a mobile phone on one hand) realising her carelessness, also exclaimed out loud. She rushed to pick her crying baby up from the ground. What she did next shocked me even more. She started rubbing the baby’s head and rocking him vigorously to pacify him…*faint*. I cringed and looked up at the lady standing right in front of me. I saw her cringe too and exchange this look of disbelief with me.

It took a few more minutes before the baby would stop crying. In fact, when the kid stopped crying, it got me even more worried. I kept observing the kid’s facial expression to make sure he hasn’t fainted, was in a daze or worse…frothing from the mouth. With all that rugged rocking and rubbing, the mum could have caused even greater harm to the kid than the fall.

I only relaxed and carried on enjoying Andre Bocelli crooning on my iPod when I saw the kid smile and giggle. ^_^

6 Comments:

At 5/14/2009 1:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Wed's Animal night last evening. The mother fox needs to kill many chicks to feed her hungry young. The young will eventually grow up to eat more chicks. The young ones are troublesome! ")

 
At 5/15/2009 1:45 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

are u suggesting we kill all the young ones then? O_o

i think those "just follow law" civil servants in moe are more troublesome! want to kill them for me?

 
At 5/18/2009 10:30 am, Anonymous tacobee said...

am i not included in the list you wanna kill, right?

 
At 5/18/2009 12:47 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

some people prefer to just follow law rather than use their brain in their work. and to think that i have been contributing so much tax to feed them…makes my blood boil!
so far only bird-brains are on the "wanted" list or should i say no-brains? 你不會是丁丁吧? :pp

 
At 5/20/2009 10:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever wonder y I don't have young'uns? ;) Only like them if they don't run around, don't scream, don't cry and most of all, not mine.

haha, so fast complain about cs already?

-ch

 
At 5/21/2009 11:39 am, Blogger yeelee said...

bringing up a kid is never an easy task but if i were married like u, i would definitely try to have a kid of my own. as it is now, i will have to content with bringing up someone else’s kids ^_^
will tell u more about my exchanges with those "just follow law" civil servants when the saga is over

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger