Saturday, February 14, 2009

A big thank-you to my body

I hurt my right calf on the eve of Chinese New Year, pulled a muscle. While I was holidaying in Thailand with two other friends, a slip triggered the injury again. Was limping around for a while but luckily I had some salompas plasters with me, helped ease the pain. Because of the injury, I wasn’t able to exercise for a couple of weeks. When I finally had the guts to start jogging again, I took extra care to put my body weight more on the unhurt left leg so as not to aggravate the twice hurt muscle on my right calf.

This morning, while I was on my jogging rounds again, I saw two old ladies on wheelchair. One of them has been exercising at the park for many years, just like me. She used to walk around the park every morning. Her legs were kind of warped so I guess because of old age, they have become too weak now and she’s wheelchair-bound. The other old lady had both legs amputated, which probably was caused by diabetes complications. As I looked at them, I was really grateful that my legs are still strong and supporting me, allowing me to be mobile and run round the park as and when I needed a meditation jog. What I saw made me suddenly appreciate my body. Don’t we all do that? Only when we lose something we have, something we take for granted, then we’ll realise how important it is to us. So this post is to thank the various parts of my body, for allowing me to use and abuse you all these years. Will try to be more conscientious of your importance to me from now. Thank you body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger