Saturday, February 10, 2007

Have You Heard of the PAEI Test?

I stumbled upon something interesting while job-hunting online. Found this PAEI test developed by Dr Ichak Adizes that determines each individual's personality traits or management styles. He categorises people into producers, administrators, entrepreneurs or integrators at work. His explanations are as follows:

The Producer is the individual that has the drive and the discipline necessary to see real results produced. Impatient, active, and always busy, the Producer has little time for idle chit-chat. Direct and to the point, typical Producers are behind-the scenes movers and shakers. Many Producers are attracted to high-intensity departments such as Sales. They are too busy to “waste time” with meetings. They prefer to cut the small talk and get out there to get the job done.

The Administrator ensures that rules are in place and followed, that plans are made and adhered to. Precise and accurate, the Administrator creates methods and procedures to make sure things are done “right”. Analytical and logical, Administrators clean up other people's carelessness. They like to keep the organization humming at a steady pace, and are willing to do things more slowly and carefully. Administrators are drawn to tasks that require systemic thinking and precision, such as Accounting.

The Entrepreneur is an ideas person, always asking “why?” or “why not?” A visionary with dreams, plans and schemes, the Entrepreneur leads others to ideas that they would not pursue on their own. Success for an Entrepreneur requires both creativity and risk. They sometimes get bored with short-term tasks, and prefer developing the long-term vision. Entrepreneurs are often charismatic, and generate ideas for new projects, new approaches to problems, or even new businesses.

The Integrator is people-oriented. True Integrators value social harmony, and thrive on peacemaking and teamwork. The Integrator’s pleasantness is unmistakable. Amiable and empathetic, the Integrator is the first to cooperate in helping with tasks or problems. They prefer to work by consensus, instead of taking a strong position against others. Integrators are attracted to people-oriented occupations like Human Resources.

Want to do a self-test to determine your management style? Click here: Link

My scores were: P 32 A 24 E 17 I 27
That makes me a PI person. Hmmm……quite accurate, I must say. I do like to see results in whatever I do. Impatient, hates meeting…sounds like me. And whenever possible, I would like to involve everyone and have a harmonious team. My score for entrepreneur is the lowest. I guess the decision to give up my business and just get a job is a right one. I’m not much of a risk taker. Wish me luck. Do hope to get a job soon.

Hope you people have fun doing the test. ^_^

The above information on PAEI by Dr Ichak Adizes was adapted from http://www.managementvitality.com

Quote:
“Planning is not deciding what to do tomorrow. It is deciding what to do today in light of what you expect tomorrow to be.”
Dr Ichak Adizes

7 Comments:

At 2/10/2007 8:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Swooshi,

I took the test, but it wasn't that accurate. Maybe it was because of the abiguity of the questions. I mean a lot of times you can't really put one thing above another.

 
At 2/10/2007 9:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also took the test,the result is P25 A30 E27 I18. looks like me in some ways.thanks for your sharing, my teacher.

 
At 2/12/2007 9:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know is is accurate or not but mine is P21 A32 E24 I23. Agree with Freebird, just depend on the situation. By anyway, i m an Admin

 
At 2/12/2007 3:10 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

yes people
i do agree there were some grey areas
i also believe everyone's scores would change over time as our thinking and needs do change
just take the test results with a pinch of salt

 
At 2/13/2007 6:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

halo, me took the test too....very me...impatience....etc....P37,A24,E26,I13....some me anyhow answer..no understand.....hahaha

Meow Meow lion

 
At 2/13/2007 6:35 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

meow meow lion
you're so cute lor!
so you are a PE person huh?
can try running your own business
should be quite good!
meowwww………^_^

 
At 9/06/2015 6:49 am, Blogger TRUTHorDARE said...

Hi! I know this blog post is really old, but I'd like to take the PAEI test that you took, to get my scores. The link here is now dead. Can you give me a link so I can take the test? I've gone through several google search pages and haven't found the actual test. Thanks in advance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger