Friday, March 24, 2006

How We Live Our Lives

Ever since my accidental contact with Zen six to seven years ago and meditation four years ago, I began reading books of a different kind. I became less interested in fictional romance, thrillers or mysteries and found myself being drawn to the non-fiction section whenever I entered a library. I started borrowing books on meditation, spirituality, religion, life, even death. The more I read, the more addicted I became. Unknowingly, I've embarked on an odyssey, not of the religious kind but one that is to change the way I see things in life and the way I would now like to live my life.

Through this blog, I hope to share inspiring quotes or teachings which I come across, teachings which are so simple, so obvious yet so often ignored by most of us because we are too preoccupied chasing other 'better' things in life.

Here's the first quote I want to share:

“Often people try to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.”

~ Margaret Young

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger