Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are there true friends in life?

I met up with a couple of friends last night, one of whom I’ve not been in contact with for more than five years. While we were chatting away about the current property and financial market, this friend was busy reading sms on his phone - a friend of his was bugging him for a loan. After reading the sms, he said to the two of us that he has loaned about $70,000 to his friends. He then went on to say that he doesn’t think there are true friends in this world. He asked if we have true friends in life. My instant reaction was, of course I have true friends. He seemed to doubt me.

A friend who insists on sending me home even though petrol prices are high and my place is out of the way…who is this friend? A true friend.

A friend who can sense that I am moody and yet doesn’t avoid me but wants to hear what’s disturbing me…which kind of friends would have that patience? Only the true kind who cares would.

A friend who sponsors me on an expensive holiday when I can ill afford it…which friend would be so generous? Only a true friend who loves me would.

Do I have true friends around me? Don’t think I need to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger