Thursday, October 16, 2008

What if?

As I was walking towards my company’s compound today, suddenly this thought struck me - should I meet with an accident, would my family members know that I have bought accident and hospitalisation plans? Would they be able to locate my important banking and insurance documents?

I live day by day without anticipating my death. I take my life, my auto-ability to breathe for granted. But what if something happens to me? What then? I can’t take anything with me, I have to leave everything behind. It may not be much but I should still make arrangements so that my family know where and how to get them. I’ve yet to make a nomination for my CPF. Must set aside some time to do that as well as list down all the things that I want my family to know, just in case something untoward really happens to me.

I guess I do not want to be an inconvenience to anyone…even when I’m gone.

ps: Just as I was pondering about this accident thingy, I read an article from a friend about writing an own obituary. Do I want to take up an obituary when I die? Nah, I think it’s a waste of money. Born a nobody, die a nobody.

pps: I did write about the kind of funeral I would like to have a couple of years ago. Here it is: Link

2 Comments:

At 10/21/2008 1:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the quote in yr link very interesting :)

"The real does not die, the unreal never lived."
~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

If you are to be cremated, I'll look for tooth relics and sariras... then throw them into the sea ")

-ch

 
At 10/21/2008 3:15 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

this unreal is desperately trying to know how to live

btw, u think my tooth relic will be mistaken for a dog's tooth 2500 years after my death? probably not, mine has got more decay than a dog's hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger