Friday, March 07, 2008

Taiwan - Part 1

Taking pictures is such an easy and enjoyable task when travelling but choosing and editing them is so darn tedious. That’s why I have been procrastinating in posting my Taiwan pictures. From now onwards, I should remind myself to have the habit of deleting all duplicate or unwanted shots as I travel rather than organise and select them only when I come back home.

I will try my best to upload most of my favoured Taiwan pictures but please forgive me if I get kind of stuck halfway through because the shots were not very well taken due to bad weather and require hours of photo-retouching. We were pursued by two typhoons during the tour so the rain and mainly gloomy lighting made most of the pictures dull. Here is the first batch.

野柳 Yehliu - The natural rock formations
This rather scenic place was our first stop. It was the only place where we managed to get some good pictures because the typhoon and rain had not descended on us yet. But from the pictures, you could tell that the storm was brewing.





I was wondering why there were so many photographers hanging around there, then I realised the centre of their attention…the bird with a long beak perched on the rock…see how well it has blended into its environment. I didn’t have those expensive equipment like the photographers so what you see is just a blurred zoomed-in picture of the bird.



九份 Chiufen - The food street
We were there for less than an hour. The whole street was packed with tourists jostling around with their umbrellas dripping rainwater in all directions. Even before we could walk the full stretch, it was time to return to the coach. That’s what you should learn to expect when you go on cheap packaged tours. But we did get to sample some nice food there. I thought the grilled squid balls and salted mushrooms were nice.



太魯閣峽谷 Taroko Gorge
This was one of the highlights of the tour and I had expected to see much much more than this but sadly, the weather plus a bad tourguide ruined everything. We did brave the storm and got off the coach to take some pictures. Of course we all got drenched.


See these two pictures below and you will understand what kind of weather greeted us.

1 Comments:

At 3/08/2008 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather seem no problem to me, get used to with is here. uhmmmm. what gonna happen if i use my short beak to peck the rock, really wonder. Hit us more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger