Sunday, October 15, 2006

Getting Ready for the Cold

Will be leaving for the Netherlands in about three weeks’ time. The last time I went Europe was in 1989…wow…more than 15 years ago. My two major concerns are the cold weather there and food. Food because I’m a semi-vegetarian. I don’t eat meat in the earlier part of the day. But I can live on bread with cheese or olive oil for many days so eating should not be a big issue.

I am more afraid of the cold weather. I carry a jacket with me everywhere I go in Singapore, even though we are in the tropics. I need to put on the jacket whenever I’m in an air-conditioned place. Hmmm……sign of old age? My friends and I intend to spend at least a week in Scotland. If I need a jacket in an aircon room, how many layers do I need to put on to combat the wet and cold climate in Scotland? Brrrrrrr………Hope my nose and ears won’t freeze and fall off!

I suppose I have to be kiasu for this trip and be thoroughly prepared for the cold. Lots of things to buy…jackets, sweaters, mufflers, gloves, socks, heat packs etc. I’ve been doing some window-shopping recently, just checking out the designs and prices. But guess what? I’ve already got half of the items I need! Received them in the mail yesterday.

Thuy, thanks for being so thoughtful. Really appreciate it. ^_^

4 Comments:

At 10/15/2006 5:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you really have to buy these all heavy gear for using just one or two times?
maybe you can take my coats(very warm), if you need it, i can ask yanny or whywhy to bring it to you.
hope you can stay warm at such cold cold places.

 
At 10/15/2006 9:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo Taco,
no need to bring from TW.

Yee Lee, I can lend you my winter wear. Call me if you need.

Cheers.

 
At 10/16/2006 1:19 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

tacobee, i believe yanny and whywhy's luggage will be pretty full when they return from HK, hehehe!

thanks for the offer my friends
another friend of mine has already got some for me
no need to trouble all of u
^_^

 
At 10/17/2006 4:18 pm, Blogger tiffany said...

I would have loved to be on this trip with you girls and visit our good friend. I visited Scotland last year and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I blogged about it too.

Don't worry, if I can survive a -5 winter in Scotland, you can too.

Err... I can lend you some things too but don't think they will fit you. hehehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger