Saturday, September 09, 2006

Watching My Mind

I went for my jog again this morning. I told myself I had to make sure I do a proper jogging meditation today. I noticed recently that my mind has been working non-stop. No, it was’t my work. I observed that there’s this continuous internal chatter going on in me. I just had to do something about it. How? By observing it and hopefully put the thought down.

This was what I observed going through my mind during the six rounds I jogged:

First round: A family of four…father and three sons cycling together. Hmm…nice to see family-togetherness.

Second round: The bald man whom always brisk walks in the opposite direction from me. Ahhh…must remember to say hi to him.

Third round: A girl in a red t-shirt on the swing……hmm…that t-shirt looks familiar… I seem to have a similar one…

Fourth round: An old couple having their morning stroll hand-in-hand…so nice to see old couples still so loving.

Fifth round: Chiak…chiak…chiak…chiak…aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. The sound of someone dragging her feet while jogging.…so irritating! Better jog faster to get away from the sound.

Sixth round: A lady roller-blading…wow…looks quite stylish with the scarf on her head…is she Japanese? Now why is she signalling for me to give way to her??? Isn't it easier for her to manoeuvre away from me, the super-slow jogger?

See what happened to my mind? Everything that I saw, I either had an opinion or comment about it. That’s what makes my mind so busy, so tired. How do Zen masters do it? Red comes, only red…white comes only white…No thoughts at all. Just like that. Will I ever achieve that? So tough…

3 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 9:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Swooshi,

I'm the first again, hehe. :-)

Just wanna let you know that you're not alone. I'm like that too, and i believe so are a lot of others. I guess we just need to train ourselves not to think too much. It's not gonna be easy for ppl like us, but gotta keep trying.

 
At 9/11/2006 12:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so do i or i will feel bored if i just jog without thinking anything that i pass by.
however i keep my mind busy all the time, it seems not good for my health,so let think.....
oh no i must not think.
this posting make me laught while reading.^_^(會心一笑)
thanks a lot.

 
At 9/11/2006 6:08 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

it sure is weird when we watch what we're thinking
isn't it funny how thoughts arise?
can't explain why or how it happens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger