Thursday, September 21, 2006

Love and World

Hi friends, today is the International Day of Peace. I’m normally not very interested in movements like these but seeing the recent coup attempt in Thailand and the ongoing 倒扁 activities in Taiwan, I can see that there are many unhappy people living on this earth. I hope everyone can take this opportunity to put down all differences, resolve tacky issues amicably and make this a day of peace and non-violence. Learn to put down all resentments, dislikes, hatred, and spend a little time cultivating love and kindness instead.

As I grow older, I find that my compassion gets stronger and my heart gets weaker. It disturbs me whenever I see people and animals get hurt, whether emotionally or physically. I managed to flip the papers this morning and saw a picture of a white kitten being spray painted orange throughout by a pathetic sadist. I really wonder what was on the mind of the person who did that act. He/she needs help and I hope help is on the way.

Today, I would like to share with you a zen teaching from ZMSS:

Love and World
See the world as your self
Have faith in the way things are
Love the world as your self
Then you can care for all things

Commentary: South, north, east west. The rising sun is bright everywhere.

ps: I had a disagreement with my brother this morning over where to bring my mum for dinner tonight. Hmmm…must make peace with him now.

Friends interested in finding out more about the International Day of Peace, here's the link: http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger