Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hungry Eat, Tired Sleep

I finally got my 8 hours sleep last night after a long tiring week. I feel rejuvenated and ready for a new week. A Zen teacher I know always said "Hungry eat, tired sleep." A simple phrase, so meaningful yet so often ignored.

When we're tired, we should learn to put our task down and rest. But very often, we are so caught up with our work, desperately want to do it well, we just don't know how to put it down. We keep worrying about it.

In my work, I do encounter situations whereby my work don't get my client's approval. I would then think so hard to improve on it, hoping to get it right. But sometimes, the more I think about it and 'improved' on it, the worse it gets. At times like these, I just stop work, get out of my office and try not to think about the project. After a day or two, I would re-work on the project, come up with a fresh idea and the result this time would be more satisfactory. Why? I simply cleared my mind, pressed the 'C' button.

A clear mind can see things better. So if we want to perform well, we should work with a clear, uncluttered mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger