Sunday, April 06, 2008

Taiwan…umm…Part 5?

Taco complained that I didn’t post the many pictures taken at Danshuei. I told her, I wasn’t there so I couldn’t write about it. But to be fair, my friends did take a lot of nice pictures there so I have decided to pick some of them out. This fishing village is pretty scenic and many artists come here to paint. This old town is famous for it’s wide variety of snacks and foodstuff so obviously my friends had a great time eating from stall to stall. Here they are, 淡水 Danshuei and 八里 Bali as seen through the eyes of my friends.




This place apparently sells the best pepper pastry but unfortunately, my friends were not able to sample the famous puff. Just look at the queue and only one guy was making the pastry.


My friends discovered an interesting way to eat tomatoes…Taiwanese eat them with preserved prunes sandwiched in between and it’s actually quite nice.
Sunset at the MRT station…nice huh?

Last but not least, here are some random animal pictures taken during the trip. It was raining cats and dogs everywhere…besides us the tourists, this drenched kitten also seemed to be complaining about the weather.After all that rain brought on by the two typhoons, this dog obviously was enjoying a nice time basking in the sun at Yangmingshan.On the day of my departure, while waiting for my friend Clio at 西門盯 I saw this old man with his two huge dogs right in the middle of this busy district. The dogs were very attached to their owner but they were very well-behaved and friendly with whoever got close to them. The students and other passers-by all loved them but I’m sure Clio would have freaked out if she had witnessed this scene…hehehe!

4 Comments:

At 4/10/2008 10:45 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

hahahaha...

You're right!

I saw them many times, I don't dare close to them(the dogs and their boss...ccc)

They are too giant for me, I just a small potato..

 
At 4/11/2008 10:31 am, Blogger yeelee said...

i don't think we should fear dogs
we should only fear people who eat dogs
the next time you see them, go up and pat them on the head…hehehe!

 
At 4/15/2008 11:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, hmmm small potato, kind of cute.
I like the the foods, but the bread in tomato, taste gd? North people in V eat dog, so now they moved to south, so many places selling those, watch out ur dog

 
At 4/15/2008 12:45 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

not bread in tomato. it's some kind of preserved prune or plum
my goodness, dog-eating is also popular in vn? …faint! i think clio will boycott ur country now…we will hv to meet in cambodia instead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger