Sunday, December 16, 2007

At this juncture in life

I’ve been wanting to document pictures of myself from young to now for quite a while but it took a little internal struggle to decide if I should post it here. As an ignorant human being, I confess that I am pretty conscious of my looks and worry about how others see me so my original plan was to share this only with a few close friends. But while arranging these pictures, I reflected and saw how much I’ve really changed over the past 41 years of my life, not my external looks but the deeper me. Then I ask myself, if I can’t even come terms with the me I see, who can? So here it is…the me through the years…exposed.
Technically, all that I see here have already passed and like it or not, they are of no significance to me now. What’s more interesting is how I will be 40 years from now…if I do live to age 80 as what the fortune-teller prophesised. Having lived most of my 41 years in ignorance, controlled mainly by my physical or materialistic needs, I do hope I can do a better job capturing the mental me from this moment till the end of my time.
ps: Hope no one gets a nightmare after seeing “me”.

2 Comments:

At 12/19/2007 2:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow my friend, you are brave!

Had coffee tonight and couldn't sleep so I came by and look what I saw!

Hope to see the next 40 years of you.

Cheers

 
At 12/19/2007 3:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Swooshi,

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Although as humans, we can't help paying too much attention to appearance sometimes, we should know what what's inside is much more important.

Thanks for being who you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger