Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Sudden Moment of Happiness

Most of you would know that I’ve not been exactly successful with my job applications and clients’ projects also seemed to be at a standstill. Time really flies. Unknowingly, I’ve been idling around for about three or four months now but suddenly this week, its a total change. This is an extremely busy week for me…quite a rare phenomenon so although I am physically exhausted, my bones and muscles are aching all over, I am enjoying every moment of my tiredness.

Last Sunday I was a proctor at an exam, had to stand on my feet for almost 11 hours then clients started calling me and gave me some projects to do. I also have to attend two full-day training sessions this week to get myself certified for a regular part-time job scoring English scripts.

Tonight, I felt really exhausted while I was waiting for my bus at the bus-stop near my workplace. I was indulging in my tiredness and was almost going to succumb to some self-pity when I decided to take my MP3 player out for the first time in weeks or months and listen to some music. When the music started streaming into my ears, I felt such a strong wave of warmth and happiness, I was almost in tears. My MP3 happened to be playing a collection of songs sent to me by friends from all over the world. As I enjoyed the tunes and listened hard to the meaningful lyrics, I felt so touched. All those songs and words are so important and appropriate to me right at this point in time of my life.

I just want to say, thank you my friends. Thanks for the songs, thanks for being a friend and thanks for being there for me. I am getting more focused now but the journey is still bumpy. I will try my best and should my best fail me, I will still be me, be here, and be with you.

Time for bed now. Gotta sit for that certification test tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At 6/07/2007 7:20 pm, Blogger tiffany said...

You have yet to receive the Korean songs from me...hahaha!

Good to know that you're busy again. ^^

 
At 6/08/2007 5:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont worry, be happy. open ur heart to get more.......hm songs? Let music carry u away and come back after test. heheh Thx for ur time and ur compassion.

 
At 6/08/2007 6:33 pm, Blogger yeelee said...

hmm…i not only get korean songs but korean songs sang in thai and vietnames too

it's good to be busy again but i'm being exploited by a govt agency that is supposed to help the workforce…blood sucking hypocrites! grrrrrrr… >_<

 
At 6/11/2007 2:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is called, tired but worth it... body is tired but mind is not :-)

i'm still searching for it... sigh....

 
At 6/12/2007 12:12 am, Blogger yeelee said...

just hang in there…i think things should be better when you finish your course. as the koreans would say, "aja aja hwaiting!"

 
At 6/17/2007 6:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to know you're feeling better.

You'll always have my support!

 
At 6/20/2007 1:29 am, Blogger yeelee said...

thanks freebird
(^ _ ^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger