Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm finally back

Every time I see my blog, I have the urge to write something, just to show that I'm still around and not abandoning it, but rest time was just too precious for me to rant on this blog. I've not had the luxury to put my 'harddisk' to rest mode for a long long time to allow me to rant so much.

But I just had to pop in today to rant on something, something which I feel is crucial and of utmost importance to not just me but the society I'm living in. Yes…the just completed elections.

Seeing the results on Sun morning, I fear for the future of us. If my fellow countrymen are going to vote people whom were total strangers to them until three weeks ago into parliament, they are putting me, my family and the country at risk. If my neighbours are going to the polls and putting a cross next to an unfamiliar party symbol just because the other regular party said no to their requests, then I say these people are behaving like spoiled brats throwing tantrums.

Time to do some self-reflection and soul-searching people. Don't just count the things you can't have in life. Why not take note of all the things you have in life and see which list is longer.

Don't be a selfish nincompoop. Nothing is free in life, everything comes with a price, especially democracy. Are you really ready? Don't know? Just do it? Then be prepared to face the consequences.

2 Comments:

At 5/18/2011 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Good to see u posting :)
-ch

 
At 10/14/2011 12:45 am, Anonymous taco said...

welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger